Popular & Professional Rating Scale
– In “Exposing the Morrisseau HOAX”
– Rates Extremely High
– In “Bringing the Administration of Justice into Disrepute”
– NOT AT ALL
On Aug. 5, 2015 Deputy Judge CW Kilian in Toronto Small Claims Court found Ritchie Sinclair guilty of Libel and Defamation with regard to his false and malicious website postings about the genuine Morrisseau paintings owned by James White.
White was represented by Lawyer Brian Shiller the Canadian top legal expert on Morrisseau art.
Shiller was the previous courtroom winner in exposing Sinclair and Robinson as not trustworthy in what they were claiming about Morrisseau paintings owned by collectors:
- in 2013 in Small Claims Court before Deputy Judge Paul J Martial, Shiller successfully defended “Wheel of Life 1979” as a 100% authentic Morrisseau painting and his client, Artworld, as a totally reputable art dealer
- in 2013 in Appeal court before the Hon Madam Justice Mary Anne Sanderson, Shiller successfully defended “Wheel of Life 1979” as a 100% authentic Morrisseau painting and his client, Artworld, as a totally reputable art dealer
- in 2013 Shiller successfully convinced celebrity-singer John McDermott to suddenly and totally abandon his Plaintiff’s Claim – filed by Jonathan Sommer on his behalf – claiming his Morrisseau paintings were “fake,” as false, without proof, and lacking any merit whatsoever, so successfully defending Joe McLeod – Canada’s top Morrisseau expert – from a specious, false, and malicious lawsuit
- in 2014 Shiller (I believe) sent a letter (on behalf of Artworld) to Jason St-Laurent, the curator of Ottawa’s SAW Gallery, threatening a lawsuit about its false, libelous, and malicious displaying- (ed.) done at Ritchie Sinclair’s request – of “Wheel of Life 1979” as a Morrisseau “fake,” and the center piece of its F IS FOR FAKE exhibit, which ran from June to September 2014. Shiller demanded an immediate dismounting of “Wheel” and the publishing of an Apology to Artworld, in the Ottawa Citizen. Both were immediately done on Sep. 3, 2014.
- in 2015 Shiller successfully sued Ritchie Sinclair for Libel and Defamation on behalf of James White and his genuine Morrisseau paintings
Judge Kilian scorched Sinclair and fined him the maximum allowed by Small Claims Court, $25,000 for his “false reckless allegations disseminated on a world-wide media” aka via Sinclair’s notorious and malicious website.
Kilianalso demanded Sinclair pay White the maximum allowed, $3,750 for legal costs.
Kilian added that had it been in his power he would have fined Sinclair $10,000 more in punitive damages.
This makes itsome eightjudges in a row (Lederer 2008, Godfrey 2011, McCrea 2012, Filkin 2013, Martial 2013, Lacavera 2013, Sanderson 2013, Kilian 2015) who havefound Sinclair not to be credible or trustworthy on just about everything he claims.